Thread: Commitment
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Commitment

I've been walking a bit this week trying to get back some endurance and strength in my bad leg.

It reminded me of times gone by.

I remember when I was a drinker nothing stopped me drinking.

I once walked through a tropical storm to get booze, I fell through a glass topped coffee table and still drank, I fell down a flight of stairs and had blood literally gushing out of my nose and still drank.

Like drank.. immediately.

I drank when I had a fever, I drank when it was my last $20 in the world and even I drank when I had somewhere to be - like a friends wedding (I didn't make it to the wedding).

I was a very committed drinker.
150%

To stay sober I've had to be every bit as committed to not drinking.

I often see people saying they are weak - and I felt that way too - but really...there's a strength in all of us.

It takes a strong resolve to be that devoted to something - it's just a shame it's something like self destruction...

We just need to re-direct that strength in positive healthy ways

Why not use that drive, that stubbornness that commitment - and free the right part of yourself?

Feed the part - the good part - that wants the madness to end, and the part that wants change.

It sometimes seems like a Herculean task but however big the mountain might seem, it's the little choices we make every day that sets our ultimate result.

I promise that everyone here will get out of their recovery what they put in

D