Old 06-30-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
Long weekends were always an excuse to get drunk and celebrate. Today we will be going to the coast with the kids and then seeing a concert tonight. We won't get home to until fairly late so I should be safe today but my brain has already been going crazy trying to justify drinking Saturday. Its also my birthday and I keep thinking about how I would love to just have a few drinks and relax by the fire outside. I've literally been struggling/fighting with this since yesterday am. I've come up with every reason in the world why I should just drink this one night... You would think struggling this much would make this a no brainier. Normal people don't have to mentally fight with themselves not to drink. I am an alcoholic, I can't even have drink just that one night... I guess I just need to keep telling myself that. I will be so happy when I get to a point that my AV shuts up or at least quiets down..

Any words of encouragement or reasons why I shouldn't drink would be great, I know it's true but it always sounds much better from somebody else's mouth. :-
My best birthdays have been sober ones

It's a time for celebration so celebrate!

filling our bodies with poison and strengthening the chains that addiction has on us, damaging our relationships, and our health, and dignity is not a celebration.

Train you eyes on the middle distance - not the immediate. Be the person you want to be - that'd be a great birthday gift to yourself!

I hope you have a great sober birthday and long weekend Mandosca
D