Old 06-30-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
2ndhandrose
under new management

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Life has been going good. I am sober.

I feel traumatized by this individual who selectively harassed me and my work for years on end. I am not making this up or blowing this out of proportion. Her actions were literally abusive, and at every corner there was a problem with what I was doing. I was not the only one she focused on but her focus was directed at women and those women were going to be taken down by her. People would leave our company due to her behaviors.
Mizz, I have worked under varying degrees of abusive personalities over the years. I had one job that I stayed at for over 6 years (it had some definite upsides, the hours and the $$$ ) but the owner of the company was an absolute tyrant. No one ever got fired because he would brow beat them into quitting (and was quite proud of his record!). He and I got along quite well, when we did, but when we didn't it was horrendous. I used to liken it to an abusive marriage, with the honey moon phase alternating with the verbal abuse.

Crazy, when I think about it now! My current job is probably the best job I have ever had and I am so grateful to be here and to have such "normal" employers .

They treat me ridiculously well

I hope for whichever way works out for you is your best move. There is a lot to be said for having options! And, I am glad you know your worth