View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 10:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Vick1

Thanks for the replies guys, and for the text anvilheadII.

applewakesup: I've tried online NA chat room meetings. I believe there's a very big difference between online communication and face to face. I'm hoping that at a proper meetng I'll be able to get a sponsor, someone who I can talk with when I feel like using. Just being in a room talking to people with the same problems would be very beneficial I believe. And the easier option would be to stay here in Prague.As I said I'd have to find a place to live, a job and all while recovering. I fear that if things syarted to get a little stressful, as they undoubtedly will in that sistuation, I'd just go straight back to my comfort zone ie. back on the meds or worse..

tomsteve: you're god damn right about that. I've done 2 escape jobs, one from my home city, which did help temporarily, and i was younger and needed to get away from certain people, but i relapsed after less than a year. And then here to Prague, all the way to another country.. And still here I am, in hell. I'm attempting a detox from the sub at the moment, with codeine. I'm 7 days off the sub now so ill step off the codeine probably tomorrow. I've been through this process more times than I can count.. If I could get a hold of that monkey I'd rip it's head off. But it's getting hold of it that's the tricky part. It hasn't really let me go in 18 years.. Talking about it like this is very helpful though, which is why I think going to the meetings will help the most. There are no NA meetings for English speaking people here in CZ. Just the one AA meeting, which as I mentioned the guy wasn't very pleased when I told him I wasn't an alcoholic. To be honest it put me right off and I haven't been back.. Maybe I should be a little more persistent! This time though, if I do run, I would be going back to my home city, where this all began, so I feel that this would be facing everything. I would probably even my see old junky friends, the ones that are alive that is..