Thread: Honesty
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

I do not see that you are a pathological liar. If this is your concern, I would highly recommend seeing a therapist about your perceived problem. That being said, there seems to be more going on in your life and there are quite a few reasons as to why you would "hide" the truth or truths from individuals.

Getting sober will really give you the strength necessary to tackle the issues that you are dealing with. As you know, sobriety is not easy but it comes with rewards that are endless. Once sober you can actually see the truth for what it is as you are not masking the problem any longer. Clear thinking, heart and soul seem to be required here.

Personally, I can understand why you would not tell this forum that you have been drinking. The guilt you feel and possibly shame is enough to keep someone in a place of omitting the truth.

No one is here to judge you. No one will tell you anything other than "What are you going to do to get sober? How can we assist you and I am sorry that you are struggling so much".

The dynamic between your husband and you sounds like a very tricky place to be in. From what I have read, he seems to have more control over the situation than one person should. His trust issues are valid but the way a person goes about expressing their trust issues can really damage an already fragile relationship.

It is good that you are taking the steps necessary to get honest with yourself and honest with this forum. In time, you will be able to get honest in all areas of your life.

I hear that you are unhappy. I hear that there is a lot of change on the horizon. I dont hear a pathological liar. I hear someone who is hurt from their own actions and someone who is realizing and gaining some perspective on their situation. Getting sober needs to be the first step that is taken.

We are here for you.