Thread: Honesty
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by Lava256 View Post
I've made peace (as much as possible) with the fact that the trust may never be regained even. However, is that a way to live? Plus, the trust is one thing. He has always been super controlling, even way before the infidelity. Now that has been amped up and he has become irrational and paranoid to the point that I can't even so much as talk (say at a party) to a man for more than a minute. It only leads to endless interrogation and accusation of me flirting. I'm seriously exhausted and saddened by it. I would never cheat on him again but I know he has no concrete way of knowing that. To be honest, at the time it happened, I was in a very bad and warped state of mind that I now have truly overcome and definitely not going back to. It is not an intrinsic flaw within me. But, again, there's no convincing him of that so i'm (we're) back to being stuck. Me hiding every little thing to avoid suspicion which would just lead him to start monitoring me like i'm a child.

OK. Enough with this infidelity issue. I'm not trying to convince you guys that i'm good and a changed person. It's just so frustrating living the way I live and I know I could've made better choices to avoid my current situation. I'm sorry for the tirade.
So based on your description, there are other qualities your husband has that make your life miserable. You may find once you get some serious sober time under your belt and you are strong, that you want to move on and create a better life for yourself. Not saying its going to happen, but if you read enough around this site, many marriages don't make it after one sobers up. Just something to think about.