Old 06-28-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Bob4x4

Originally Posted by Behappy1 View Post
My question, when you know your AV is leading you to buy a bottle of vodka. You tell yourself this is not you, don't listen to this person. The battle of you'll regret it vs it will be ok. The AV that creeps into your head and stays there for the 15 minute drive solely to buy liquor. How do you stop that? What measures do you tell yourself or what do you do to quiet or shut the AV up?

I do ok and can firmly say I will NEVER drink again, but relapse after relapse after relapse proves differently. I am currently on day 5 and my AV is screaming. I guess I'm asking what do YOU do or tell yourself to tell it to shut the he(( up?? Five days ago I was 100% certain I'd never drink again. Now I don't trust myself.

travel with an extra sandwich, when you feel the beast talking eat sammich. ... you will not hear from the beast again. HALT method along with Rational Recovery. having food on hand like carrot sticks, milk, celery, bananas, sandwich or two will the AV Beast dead, like Raid kills beasts dead.