View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
aliciagr

Have you made attempts to talk to your husband when he is sober, perhaps in the morning as you said that is when things are usually at their best? I say this because it sounds like you are for the most part suffering in silence, thinking about the losses that are piling up - the fun things you used to do together, going places, trips away, and the closeness you have lost with him. Does he know how you are feeling?

I isolated from my family and friends when I was in the midst of dealing with my husbands troubles. Looking back, it was the worst decision I could have made. Relationships are all different, so you have to decide the people you trust and can share with of course.

Also, I was wondering if do things alone outside the home? classes, exercise, shopping with friends? I took these things away from myself also when I was in isolation mode. If you think going to a meeting, or seeing a therapist, or even contacting local treatment centers for educational purposes would be helpful, then I hope you can do that for yourself. If you think picking a hobby or spending more time with friends developing your own interest would help you, then I hope you try this also. There are also a lot of good peer support options online and its nice because its available any time, even when you only have a few minutes. Welcome.