View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
applewakesup

Originally Posted by confusedarewe View Post
So after reading everyone's responses, it appears that he's not so great, I don't know him so well and he's manipulating me. Wow- that seems to be what everyone sees and I'm blinded (somewhat) otherwise I wouldn't be asking for help. We clicked because we are both anxiety/panic sufferers. We can talk very openly and he is extremely sweet and calm. Yes there's drama now but he's very relaxed and doesn't fight which is very important to me. But, he rarely has time for me too. Maybe we see each other once a week. Yes, the sex is amazing . This just sucks because he is a nice guy. Never met anyone so much like me- and now- he's manipulating me. I thought his sobriety gave him a free pass here but you all say no. How is he manipulating me if he just wants to me "play ball" while he focuses on his sobriety? .
I think he wants to have his cake and eat it too. I think he's right to focus on sobriety, but with how fragile it is for him, it seems like a very vulnerable place for YOU to put yourself. If you are his friend and he works at his recovery, maybe then you can develop a relationship. If you don't stand up to him, it may be because you are afraid to lose him and that's never a good position to be in with anyone, especially an alcoholic.