Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Delizadee

Originally Posted by Changes123 View Post
Thanks Dee. I have a nutritional and supplement regimen I follow. I think I need to add something spiratual to help with my racing mind. Very open to suggestions.

The crew I hang around is great about my sobriety. I met up with some old college buddies on Saturday that i haven't hung out with in years and the (poor) decision to smoke and drink was completely premeditated.

I am moving forward the only way I know how, one day at a time. Counting does work for me, I'm on day 2
THIS.

Now you know, understand and have admitted out loud that it was premeditated.
To my mind, this is almost more important than resetting your clock.

Next time, you'll see the thoughts coming and you will have a harder time denying to yourself what they are and where they lead to... cut it off at the pass.

Relapse starts way before we pick up our DOC.

I agree, meditation would help, along with yoga, have you ever tried? I love how centred and relaxed and flexible after doing yoga for a period of time. It does amazing things for strength too.

You could go onto youtube as well, there are some really great guided meditations on there. I also listen to a lot of positivity/affirmations/binaural beats (did we talk about that?? haha) sleep hypnosis etc... all different things I am trying out, in stints for a set period of time, if they have a positive impact even if it's small I'll stick to it?

I am also a talker. I have to have one or two trusted people I can talk to face to face about that mind racing stuff.
And then on here too. Journaling helps. Prayer... which is it's own form of meditation. Play around with different ideas and have some fun with it. Even if it feels goofy, any thing you try is better than using right?

Keep on my friend.