View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wpainterw

The AV and the Drunken Bunny

The AV, The Road Runner, The Tortoise, and the The Drunken Bunny
Once there was an AV. And it encountered a Road Runner, a Sober Tortoise and a Drunken Bunny. The AV couldn’t catch up with the Road Runner, nor could it persuade the Sober Tortoise to live a more interesting life. “I do everything carefully, slowly, one thing at a time,” said he. “That way most everything gets done. I read that in the Tao Te Ching!”. 
 “Oh” said the AV. “I thought you learned that at those AA meetings you creep into!” “Who cares!” said the Tortoise, “Everything gets done. When I go anywhere, there I am!” So the AV gave up on the tortoise and spotted the drunken Bunny. The Bunny thought he was a big shot, in charge of everything, meddling in everyone’s business, trying to “fix” everything, even though it was not broken or couldn’t be fixed, at least not fixed by a drunken bunny, who thought he was some sort of animal CEO. “Ah ha!” said the AV! “This is a bunny I can work with! Hey Bunny! Belly up to the Bar. I’ll treat you to a really cool double martini! Slow down. The drinks are on me! You are a highly successful, triumphant bunny! We’ll celebrate that and watch the ball game together!”
This went on week after week until they hauled the bunny off to the ER, detoxed him and released him to the rehab. Funny? (Funny Bunny?) The litle furry fellow didn’t have any memory of what had been happened to him. Despite his brown fur he’d had a complete black out. Gone on a slippery slope down the dark rabbit hole!

I once was a bunny but now I'm a tortoise. Tortoises live a long time. Like 90 years.

W.