View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Lexie's No-Freakout Thread

So tomorrow I meet with the surgeon, got a PET scan scheduled for the next day, and I'm looking forward to getting this show on the road.

Since I have no idea how fast any of this will happen, and I have a lot I'm doing to get ready for this event, I wanted to start this thread. My hospital provides "invitation only" patient web pages for updates, and my dear friends Anvil and honeypig have agreed to keep my peeps here updated on my progress while I'm in the hospital.

I'm planning to bring my iPad (which I will watch like a hawk--I had my wallet stolen last time I was in the hospital to give birth; the wallet was found in the men's room and by the time I reported the credit cards someone had already used it for hundreds of dollars in limo rides and jewelry purchases), but I have no idea how I'll be feeling, whether I can post coherently (god forbid I make spelling/grammar/punctuation mistakes!).

Anyway, as there is any news that's fit to print, hp and Anvil can post updates here. Hopefully my stay will be short and uneventful. I've got a friend who will take me to the hospital and bring me home, and my neighbors (who will take care of my cats, as they always do) will be around to help me with anything I need at home.

I'm feeling more and more ready--still taking care of a few personal details, but it's all coming together. It gives me a sense that I'm controlling what I can and should--there is enough that is out of my control.