Thread: not worth it
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 08:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ru4outoo

Today was a eye opener for me, I woke up feeling kinda down again, sat around the house wishing i wasnt in the situation i am in. Tehn the phone rang and my dad was wanting my help with something from 5 to 7 tonight, i didnt really know what was going on so I said yea sure i'll help. Dad picked me up and we went down to a old feed store that was empty and he said that their church is sponsoring about 10 families displaced from Katrina. There was already some stuff in this building and there was a pile of stuff these people were able to grab when they evacuated, they didnt have much at all. for the next 2 hours car after car truck after truck came with items which they were donating to these families to get their lives back together, there was so much furnature, clothes linens etc by the time we were done we had filled this old store and it was a really nice size store.

It made me realize all this feelig sad for my situation was pointless and how lucky I have what i have. This is the first time I have volonteed for omething like this and i cant describe the feeling i am feeling at this moment. I know that if i was still drinking I wouldnt of done this and i am so grateful that i was part of this.

Damn it feels great being sober.