Old 06-26-2017, 12:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
kenton

Hi Jo,

Don't know what it is about people like us. Maybe it's our life experiences, maybe it's just the way we're wired but we seem to love beating ourselves up and engaging in "all or nothing" thinking. I do it all the time.

I just wanted to let you know that whatever you may be thinking about yourself, I think you're ace. You take the time to reply to my posts on the 24 hour thread and I always find your posts beautifully honest, thought provoking and kind.

You taking the time to pm me the other day meant loads to me. We all sometimes feel lazy and jealous of others and sometimes we want attention. We're human and more than that, we're fighting a battle every day inside our own heads. Of course we sometimes feel overwhelmed. Of course sometimes we snap at the people we love and act nasty. But we can feel sorry and we can say sorry and we can act sorry by staying sober and trying each day to be the best versions of ourselves that we can be.

Please stop beating yourself up Jo. These feelings won't last. Stay strong and never forget how fabulous you are xxx