View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Need to post today

Good morning all and happy Sunday to you. I hope it is hangover free and will be a nice, sober day for you!

I'm up bright and early as I have my karate exam today and the nerves woke me earlier than I would have liked. I am excited, I have worked so hard for this. I hope to report back later with my yellow belt (first step up from the beginner white belt).

Here's my concern. I have planned a wonderful dinner party for my class this evening, which I am equally excited about. I love to cook and love all the hard work I have done in my garden. I am going to make a traditional American bbq for my friends which they are all very curious about- ribs, hamburgers on the grill, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans and corn on the cob. I have watermelon, cantaloupe, cherries and other fruits for dessert.

The others are bringing beverages and gelato. I am a notorious perfectionist and over-planner/over-doer (I know I have made too much food for example.) and as such I got worried that there would not be enough to drink. So when buying the sparkling water and ginger beers/other non-alcoholic drinks, I picked up some beers and a few bottles of prosecco.

I am NOT worried about drinking tonight. That has not crossed my mind as a worry. What does worry me now is te come down of emotions/excitement/stress from the exam and all the time I have this afternoon to set up and finish cooking with this alcohol available to me in my house. I made a big mistake in buying it, I admit that.

I am not going to drink it, I will stay strong, but I can't lie to myself and say that no temptation will be there. I may surprise myself and it may be fine, I may have no temptation. But I know myself and I know my history so I wanted to come here and post about this before any issues come up.

Coincidently, yesterday marked 90 days sober after my last (confined to one day, but still) drinking session. Nothing to throw away.

Lesson learned, wen you tell others to bring the drinks, let them bring the drinks. If they don't bring enough alcohol to satisfy themselves they can always drink he water and other beverages you supplied.....