View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

Originally Posted by shockozulu View Post
As moderator of this forum it shouldn't be hard for me to log in and not see the following

1) bashing other members or claiming they are prone to drink because they don't follow your method of recovery.

2) Making a thread about general recovery into a thread about your program and how its the only way to stay sober.
I appreciate this, because I have been repeatedly attacked for having an eclectic and personal approach.

I can also share that I got shut out for a few days (quite a while ago), not because I was doing either of the above, but for simply bashing AA. I understand now that such talk can be a threat to those new to sobriety. It occurs to me that some folks may feel threatened simply by reading a thread like the one that focuses on a free exchange of various approaches. In other words, when a person has a rigid attachment to a particular approach, anything that appears to question that approach can seem threatening, and thus lead to attacks. However, censoring free exchange about what works for you would make the forums pretty pointless on a certain level.

I admire the administrators' efforts to create a balance, and to warn people that direct (and especially relentless) attacks of any kind are not welcome. It also never occurred to me that some could actually be trolls, but that makes sense. Thanks.