Old 06-22-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
CreativeThinker

Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Hi everyone,

I've tried several times in the past and the most I've ever quit was for about 4 months. Every morning it's the same where I tell myself its time to quit and then by the end of the day I'm at the store buying a case.

I'm tired of all this though and I'm getting older. I'm always tired and depressed whenever I'm not drinking and it feels like the only time I ever have any fun or happiness is when I am actually drinking. However, I hate the toll it's taking on my body and the amount of debt I'm putting myself in for spending on this expensive habit.

So here I am, an alcoholic wanting to quit. Nice to meet all of you!
I felt the exact same way you do Velocity when I stopped drinking (4months ago today). Just getting through the day had become a chore for me. I'd lost all interest in what used to make me feel happy and I wanted to re-start my life.

Changing my life and coming to grips with the fact that I no longer have control over alcohol wasn't easy, but with each day that passes, I'm learning how to enjoy my life, feel happy and productive, without having alcohol in it. No more depression, anxiety, panic attacks and feeling lethargic. I look forward to waking up every morning to start my day.

Stick around, read what is working for others, develop a solid recovery plan and once you begin to reap the rewards, you won't regret the decision you've made.