View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Morning Glory
Administrator

Why you're told to Knock it off.

I noticed some posts complaining about the Secular Connection rules. I'm going to give you a little history so you'll understand.

The SR forums started out as 12 step forums. We started getting secular members who were trying to fit in and it was an uphill battle for them. The problem began when we were invaded by RR trolls who came over from the RR forums and they were cruel and horrible. We lost a lot of members over it and all of the forums were in a constant state of debate. They even hit the family and friends forums.

The owner at the time went over to the RR forum to discuss the problem with the members and Mr. T got involved with the Anti AA talk and on and on.

After that calmed down I felt really bad for the secular members here and opened the Secular Forums. That was a real challenge because the RR trolls had turned everyone against 12 step alternatives and AVRT and I had an uphill battle ahead opening a secular forum. It had a really rough start and the entire forum was a debate forum for topics of AA vs RR. It got so bad I had to shut the forum down for a few days so everyone would calm down.

That is when the rule was created that AA was off topic for Secular Connections. It was the ONLY way to solve the problem. I worked very hard for 3 years to keep this forum open.

The RR members here only knew how to discuss AVRT by bashing AA. I kept pleading with them to discuss AVRT in a positive way and tell others how it works for them. They just couldn't do it. All they could do is tell others why AA is bad.

Finally Terminally Unique was able to do it and he created the wonderful threads explaining AVRT. freshstart57 created the "Explaining AVRT" thread. I so appreciate what they did. Members were finally able to understand AVRT and that has helped so many here.

I understand that a part of RR is deprogramming and I hope you'll understand that we can't do that here.