Old 06-22-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

FBL, if you tell the dentist you're celebrating an anniversary today, maybe s/he'll give you a lolly

PJ, where are you?

Here are a few inchoate thoughts -- I've been unbugged by drinking obsessions and most other worries for a bit, but distracted ... yesterday on a long long bus ride I realized the distraction was emotion. Snarkbunny isn't really used to it. I'm feeling love for my son and husband and gratitude that I haven't lost either of them, and fear in there too, and sadness over many things I've done & seen & people in my family who lived (and died) more miserably than they might have because of drink and drugs.

The long bus ride passed through places where I might have been, but can't be sure, and don't know with whom.

My mother once told me that if she could change everything, she'd never touch a drop of alcohol. I can't remember ever seeing her having fun. People lead such sad and bad lives.

It all amounts to gratitude for this second chance at a real life. I have to take care of it -- it's probably kind of fragile and certainly precious.