Old 06-22-2017, 05:37 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
Hey Sunny, how's the potty training going? Too cute. It's hot hot hot here again. Great weather for Sunflowers and their babes to run around in.

I'm ok. I was caught out by a visit with my husband's sister. He died and it has taken a while for us to work through stuff. I didn't give it enough thought, just charged in, without thinking there'd be emotional consequences. Almost lost it but with much help from here I'm on day 46 and still plodding along.

I'm listening to a guy called Rob in my car at moment. I love it. It's like someone knows the way my mind works. I'll have to find a podcast so I can listen on my phone. I struggle with the supermarket at the moment. I almost break my neck walking by their promotional stands sometimes. They're very clever marketers.

I always think of you. I like your calm determined approach to sobriety! I'd like to be like that. I'm a bit prone to the outburst, followed by oh well it's all broken now so I mights as well have a drink. Nonsense head xxx
Hi Weev- I am so sorry to hear about your husband- how long has it been? I can't even imagine the pain you are dealing with and to be getting sober at a time like this is something else, truly.

Who is this "Rob" guy? I love podcasts. I mostly listen to health/nutrition but I also like Recovery Elevator and The Bubble Hour. Let me know if you have another to recommend.

Yes, clever marketing can get us sometimes. Is it the booze or food you are struggling with at the store? I'm so glad the grocery stores here can't sell beer and wine like they did where we moved from. That's how I stayed drunk for so long- I would drop my older son off at preschool and then get wine at 9:00 from the grocery store. So glad those days are over.

Thank you for calling me "calm and determined"- that feels nice to hear. I have been at this for a year and a half now and it's like it finally clicked, like I heard others talking about. I never understood why relapse was part of the process but now I get it- every single attempt, every day/week/month I have been sober and every relapse and poor choice has gotten me to this point. I am stronger now than I've ever been and sometimes I surprise myself. I just know I never want to go back to that dark place again- I can't physically or mentally handle the pain anymore and the booze just isn't fun anymore with the exception of that first hour or two. Then it's all downhill...

Wishing you a great day, and to everyone else as well.
Our little champ did great with potty training at home for 3 days and we are going to meet a friend at the pool in a bit. It will be our first public adventure without diapers- wish us luck!!