View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
sobersolstice

Yeah. I overreacted for sure! The combination of what I was feeling as maximum detox, 100 degree heat, and high ladder work was barely tolerable. I had to go back to my truck several times to get things that I would just normally grab, my technique and precision were off, and then I get a call from my Doctor, which could easily have made plans to meet me in a coffee shop (which I suggested), basically saying my health can wait turned into a cascade of events that was embarrassing at the very least.

I get very irritable when I'm detoxing, but this time, I'm so serious about my sobriety, I'm literally breaking down and rebuilding. These events are extreme, but remind me of the difficulty of detox. I'm not doing it the easy way, but my business partner needs me. This is the toughest detox I've ever experienced, but I have no desire for alcohol. If my AV even tries to say anything, I say "NO! you listen!..." and put it in it's place before I feel anything. I've been very stern with my addiction this time.

Day 6. (5:41am)