Old 06-21-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Ok I get hypotheticals and all and that's fun stuff and all, but seriously the likelihood of someone putting an actual gun to my actual child's head for the sole purpose of making me drink alcohol is nil. C'mon now.

The woman sticking her champagne soaked finger into someone else's mouth, well apparently that happened, but that's still not "forcing someone to drink". I don't care what's on someone's finger-they're not sticking it in my mouth without serious repercussion.

There is no plausible reason why I would ever drink again.

Originally Posted by zerothehero
Ya, if there were a single guaranteed solution, everyone would use it and there would be no discussion or need for alternatives, just use that solution and off you go.
Well, actually the one solution that everyone has in common, regardless of program/no program/their own program/whatever, is that they actually stopped drinking. How they did that, or what they did after that may vary, but the bottom line is that the common denominator in all these various approaches is that people who have success have somehow stopped putting alcohol or drugs in their bodies.

So it seems to me, there is a single guaranteed solution. Quitting.

Not talking about it without doing it, not trying to heal your past while still drinking, not drinking until you find a higher power, not examining deeper meanings while drinking...actually quitting. People tend to try to do absolutely everything but quit, and then wonder why it just won't end.

Without quitting, what is there?