Old 06-21-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Wholesome

I'm still in early days at 4 months and I agree that it's hard in the beginning. Everything felt magnified and I was ultrasensitive, sometimes I would have waves of anxiety and a few times I had panic attacks during those first 60 days. It was overwhelming at times. Things have leveled off now though and like I said earlier I feel fantastic, I'd forgotten what healthy felt like. It takes awhile to acclimatize and for the brain to heal. I remember learning that the headaches from a hangover are because your brain is so dehydrated that it shrinks and that's why your head hurts so bad! My God, it makes me shudder to think of how I abused myself. Throwing away my gift of health with both hands.

zero, I couldn't imagine losing a parent like that and at such a young age. That must have blindsided you. No matter what the relationship is like there's no one quite like your mom. Addiction in families is just so awful, it really is a generational legacy. I'm breaking the cycle in mine, I hope my boys don't go down the same path I did. I've got one of my sons in counseling right now so he can sort out some of his experiences and feelings, he's got a lot of sadness, he's been on the receiving end of his dad's temper too and then there's what I've put him through. Dealing with the aftermath.

Jeffrey, that's a really nice story about your angel.