View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ananda

Thanks Jeffrey and James!

Yeah ... I took the vivitrol (shot form) rather than the Naltrexone because at that time I couldn't really count on taking the pill everyday ... make the decision one day at a time... I could guts myself up for it once a month and then I didn't have to think about not-drinking or drinking.

I don't like it when I am in a place of having to think about not drinking all the time... that is a line I always like "we stopped fighting" ... I lived that hell of wanting wanting wanting to be sober then drinking drinking drinking! Right now I still have to think about it quite a bit ... as in sobriety is a huge focus ... but I do know from experience that if I continue to do my sobriety supporting stuff I will not really think of it as sobriety supporting (just full and won't think of drinking.

What works for me is ... counseling once every two weeks (may have to change to every week due to some "issues") but expect that to be a periodic thing throughout my life as challenges come up, a couple of AA meetings a week (to try and find some friendships), sticking with my sober month group on SR, and most important ... my Buddhist practice ... I listen to an Ajan every day for an hour. OK ... not always, but that is the goal as my day is always at list a bit better when I start out that way.

I mowed the front lawn today. I probably won't be able to do anything involving much walking the rest of the day as my balance gets pretty bad after moderately physical activity (I hope that gets better in time).

I finally got myself off of the one container of ice cream every other day pattern ... still eat the whole container when I get it...but now about once a week. For now, my son is in charge of dolling out the donuts for deserts. I know I can't do that forever, but right now it is a help.

Anyhow ... that's were I'm at