View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 08:09 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
joandmelandhan

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Good morning,

I'm already having some trouble with regard to next weekend! I have an old friend who wants me to come visit, and it's a long weekend. She was messaging me last night and every sentence was about booze. Margaritas, booze popsicles--ugh! To her time off work = booze, holiday weekends = booze, old friend visiting = booze. THAT isn't how I think anymore. I didn't say anything, yet. I mentioned that I was done drinking a few weeks back, but that's all.

I think I need to speak up, later today, and let her know. Maybe I should stop by for a couple hours this weekend instead of next. Or go next weekend, but earlier in the day, and leave early. It's my next challenge after last weekend's trip. Needed to get this out and admit that it's bothering me . I am going to schedule it the way I need it to be!

Have a great sober day--thank you for listening. Going to put lots of time into my recovery and get stronger.

24 more hours for me, for sure!

Love

Red
Nice one Red! Your thought processes are planning ahead when they need to and it sounds like you're hatching a nice alternative to the usual boozy long weekemd. Sounds like your friend wants an all out drinking session so yes find a way round it to keep safe. If I think back then the drink was the star of the show and whoever else was there was secondary so don't feel guilty about changing your usual routine with him/her.
I've got a works night out on Friday. There are only 10 of us work there. The format of the night will be a nice meal and LOTS of alcohol all paid for by the boss. Im sure I'll be the only sober ome there. I've already offered to drive 2 of them and they pretty much all know I don't drink any more (alcohol affects my anti depressants and gives me anxiety being the little white lie). Strangely enough I'm not worried and am looking forward to it. But of course I'll be on my guard and if it gets too much I'll come away.....
Better get on with cooking dinner my girls are like eating machines!!!!!