Old 06-21-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post

Well, I know my Big Plans have guaranteed that certain things will never enter my body ever again, and while it first appears to be the height of effrontery for anyone to tell me otherwise, it is actually their own Addictive Voice scared sh*tless that my truth may actually become understood and replicated.
It is unfortunate that you felt that my post might be "the height of effrontery" but I was only speaking from my own experience, and the experience of the majority who try to get sober numerous times before it sticks. It is actually quite a leap to judge me (or my AV) as being "scared sh*tless" about your "truth" (or the truth you read in a book or a website), because if your truth can be "understood and replicated" with great success, and I believe it is, that's fantastic.

For what it's worth, I am around 42 months sober, I'm a musician who plays with others who drink and get high, we perform in bars sometimes, I go to music festivals like the one last weekend where I was surrounded by what I would call temptations except that I am no longer tempted, I have done this on my own (well, I went to half a dozen AA meetings and said no thanks) largely due to a personal commitment to sobriety, I used the AV concept in early sobriety and found it helpful, and I have nothing against RR (aside from zealots who freak out if anyone shares other, apparently invalid, approaches to recovery).

I posted something similar in another thread a few weeks ago, but again, I used to come to the secular forums because it was less dominated by AA dogma, but now the secular forum is overrun with RR dogma.

Dogma: dog·ma
[ˈdôɡmə]
NOUN

a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true