Old 06-21-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

7 weeks

It's been 7 weeks and a day since I took that last sip of alcohol. It actually feels like a lifetime and I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Things have been good- it's nice to be in a new house with zero drunk memories to attach to any of these room. I will never drink in this house- I will never be drunk on this porch- I will never sip wine will my kids play in the backyard. That is refreshing and a huge motivator for me because I do not want to ever break that.

I haven't been doing anything for my sobriety other than checking in here. I'd like to add a meeting of some sort but am not interested in AA simply because I don't want to announce that I am an alcoholic every time I speak. I don't know why, considering I know that is the case. I guess the word just doesn't sit well with me and I am a firm believer that the "I AM" statement is a very powerful one.

I wish there were Refuge Recovery meetings in my area, that would be amazing. There is one an hour away- I would have to ask my husband if I could go. Maybe if I enjoy it I can start one here in my town.

Anyway, just rambling.
On day 3 of potty training our little guy and it's going well but I can't wait to be able to leave the house with him tomorrow! We are basically on lock down until he masters the potty lol.

I hope everyone is doing well, and hope to hear from more of you.