Old 06-20-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

I posted this several hours ago in an adjacent thread -
------------
"Pledging "I will never drink again" is clearly possible to do perfectly because it so obvious when alcohol/drugs get close to the mouth/skin."

"...in our society, some people believe it is impossible for you, or anyone, to have the capacity to decide and to know, IN FACT, that you [they themselves] will never drink/drug again. This social fiasco is in great part due to centuries of institutionalized coddling of all the different ways there are to make excuses about drinking/drugging more or less, and all the businesses that are created by imagining that the only way to help people stop or cut back is to treat those excuses with massively invasive way-of-life programs and medicines."
-----------

And then just a few hours later up pops the following -

Originally Posted by zerothehero View Post
I don't think there is any "guaranteed solution," unless you're referring to never drinking again, but even then, avoiding relapse is never guaranteed - unless you never drink (of which there is no guarantee)...
Well, I know my Big Plans have guaranteed that certain things will never enter my body ever again, and while it first appears to be the height of effrontery for anyone to tell me otherwise, it is actually their own Addictive Voice scared sh*tless that my truth may actually become understood and replicated.