Old 06-20-2017, 10:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Wholesome

My parents set my up for addiction, my mom passed me my first joint at 14 and by 17 I was scoring ecstasy pills for my parents and doing fat lines of cocaine with my dad. I openly did drugs at home and became my mom's drinking buddy. It was beyond inappropriate. I watched my dad get terribly ill from withdrawal if he couldn't get his pills and witnessed all kinds of other crazy stuff. I'm 38 years old now though and my childhood isn't an excuse anymore.

Drugs and drinking were the problem in my childhood home. My parents should have done better but then didn't. What can I do? It was a long time ago, time to move on.

I was in an abusive marriage where he did things like pin me down on the ground and head butt me in the face and break my nose.

Drugs and drinking were part of the problem. He was also an abusive bully but we partied a lot and it made us both nuts. I've been to therapy to regain my self esteem and get past the PTSD symptoms I had for awhile afterward.

I have chronic pain. I'd been off work on and off the last few years because I was having trouble walking and getting around.

Drinking was the problem. I was damaging my joints and not taking care of myself. My pain and inflammation are way down since I'm not poisoning myself with copious amounts of beer. Exercise and clean living go a long way.

I don't buy into all of that anymore. I used to. I had all kinds of reasons for why I drank. Truth was that I liked how it made me feel. If I was in any kind of physical or emotional pain it made me feel better. If I was already feeling fine it made me feel finer. And if I pull back to the root of the problems I've had in my life I've found addiction to be the source.