View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

When I quit three months ago, I had to implement serious structure into my life in order for me to gain freedom from alcohol.

I went to work and then came home and ate dinner. I took a bath or washed the day off in some way. I needed a fresh approach to my evening. I then logged onto SR and read or posted. Watched a series on Netflix and went to bed. This approach was taken day after day.

I just recently resumed running and working out. I did take time off due to an injury and my lack of desire. It took me a bit to get back into my routine but I am there again.

I notice that I am stronger and more determined to get those miles in these days. When I was drinking I would run in the mornings with guilt and feeling complete shame over what I was doing to my body and mind.

Now, I can focus on what is important to me.....Being strong. Being healthy. Being all those things that I fought so hard to be but could not achieve while drinking. I dont have guilt or shame while running now. I no longer think "This would be a lot easier if you could leave alcohol out of the equation" or "How many hangovers will it take for you to realize that you cannot control this monster"

So, punch that addiction in the face and move forward.