Old 06-19-2017, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Colors39

How adoption has helped me not judge the alcoholic

A tidbit you may not know about me; I am adopted.

Adopted from a not so "typical" family. A homeless family with disease running through their blood (From herpees, to addiction).

When conceived, I had fetal alcohol effect. My birthmother drank beer her whole pregnancy.

Some may see this as a negative BUT

I MYSELF SEE THIS AS A POSITIVE! I cannot thank this woman enough! Even though I have never met her (probably never will)

You have saved, my life, despite your flaws. You have given me up to someone, so special. You were selfless.

I was adopted by such a caring household.

And although

My adoptive family has alcohol issues as well. But I can never hold this against them.

They took a great risk taking me in. They saved me from homelessness .

I cannot compare, judging an alcoholic vs. having no home/family. Its impossible

For me , addiction, whatever kind, is a piece of a puzzle. It is not the whole picture. Just one color. I can not hold it against someone. It does not hold up in court, when I look at the big picture.

I cannot pay my parents back for their love they have given me. It is impossible. Therefore, I cannot hold their flaws against them.

The fact that decisions were made for a small baby, who is just learning to breath, cannot hardly think for themselves. I had no control over the situation . it just HAPPENED like magic. thats amazing.

I went from poor to rich. (Literally).

That , right there, gives me great hope for the human race,

What more can I say? I will not be able to repay them , perhaps until another lifetime.

Thnx for listening