Thread: HP question
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Hi weev! I'll repost what I just put in my thread about my 7+month "slip up"...

So, I'll start off with;I'm not religious by any means and was court ordered to attend AA.. I had this past 'one night slip'.. Then last night was a freaking nightmare with my drunk ex(whom I blocked now), I was sober and handled it well.. Anyways.. I was sitting here working from home(when I could/would always drink freely) today, and really was thinking why not? My phone rang.. I don't normally answer unknown numbers but, i did.. It was a guy who got my number from a meeting I only went to 1 time! He was checking on me... I'm sitting here astonished that a complete stranger would call and check on me...Brought a smile to my face and tears after I hung up...Just thought I'd share...hope everyone is well and for the newcomers...people do care/know about the struggle with this "thing". Hang in there!

I'm thinking now that (personally) another person/stranger actually thought to check in on me is my 'higher power'..caring people that have and are dealing with my plight is mind boggling to me. So, for now, I'll say; caring people are my higher power. Just my $.02!