Thread: No surprises
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by Newlife17 View Post
..... why pretend that he isn't drinking and that he's probably drinking all day (even during work)?
I had a friend that used to visit me every spring & she was a big-time beer drinker. After she quit drinking she told me how she would switch to whatever RAH was drinking when she got here so that she could more easily hide "hers" buying cases at a time. She was also very strategic about her timing- always clearing the table of everyone's empties along with hers so no one could keep count. If she drank more than she "meant" to, she had a method of rotating the bottles so that they looked like more if you just casually glanced at them in the fridge when opening the door & then would make her boyfriend run to the store to replace everything while we were at work during the day.

I was honestly exhausted just hearing her talk about the mental energy she was spending on something SO trivial!! I couldn't BELIEVE the amount of head games she had to/was willing to play to safeguard her addiction.... and of course, I hadn't caught on to any of it because it wasn't even on my radar.