View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Leshar

Hello all,
Croissant, it was nice to see you post. It sounds like a busy time for you. Great post. Relationships are hard work, but so worth it, if you have a kind partner. My brother is so unkind to his wife. He makes her grovel. He verbally abuses her, then makes her apologize. She was left by her first husband and I think she doesn't want to be on her own again. I don't know what to make of him. In sobriety, I am more confident of my choices, but it's not worth arguing with him, especially not as I was a guest in his home. But he took no time off work. I had hoped we would go for a hike in the mountains, I got some new hiking boots, but no. He's my family, and I don't want to be estranged. I don't know. He's closer to our sister because she merits attention, given she's a respected professional and she drinks.
Just feeling a bit lonely and out of sorts.

I'm meeting my friend for lunch today, the girl who is having an affair. She emailed me whilst I was away to invite me to an art opening show of hers. I responded cordially and we will meet today. I hope she doesn't push my boundaries. I will try to be kind. She's a good person, just unhappy with an unkind husband. The concept of respect is really important to me. Respect for oneself and for others. I have two tags on my keychain. One says respect and the other patience. Good reminders.

Snoozy, lovely post. I am so glad you have regrouped. Thinking of you.

Lulu, I was thinking about you yesterday. How are you?

Love to all.