Old 09-17-2005, 06:07 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
babydoll321

I'm new too

Hi...

I'm new here too, and hope I can learn what I can't learn from my husband. We've been married a whole 3 months. Just saying that makes me scared, we should still be in the honeymoon stage of life. Instead NO...he wants to fight over flies in the house.

He's one who can't be trusted to go out to do an errand. It seems the VODKA shop...calls to him to stop in for a drinky. Then he comes home or calls with the baby, baby....I love you so much. I'm sure you all know this song and dance, and I wish I understood it all.

I've been that person who was always kind and nice...and said..you just fell down...lets pick ourselves up and start over. I went to an AA meeting with him. One man there told me to run as fast as I could, that he was no more ready to stop drinking then a man in the moon. "I guess his magic ball was working that night"

I know he has great qualities as a man...when he doesn't drink. He was ready a book called Rational Recovery. In the book the call the drinking person the beast. We'll I've made a rule, when the beast comes home. He can set alone. Because...I'm better then that. I don't need the company of such a snot!!!!

Thank you for letting me vent. I'm hoping to find some tools I need. And most of all the understand I need to deal with this. I'm a strong woman, but I'm not even sure I can take on this beast???

nite...