View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 05:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Girlfriend

Smile

OH, MAN!

I'm a typical "tree hugger". I eat natural holistic foods ever since my colon surgery.

So, it's a bunch of fruit, veggies, tofu, no red meat, no pork, some chicken w/o skin and some fish.
Green tea and chai lattes. And all my vitamins: E, A, D, Calcium, zinc, melatonin, gingko biloba, b12 and b6, aloe vera and ginger (good for the tummy) and chamomile.
No caffeine, no sodas (they have a 1/2 cup of sugar in each one. My biology professor told me that), no carbonation and no sugar. Only Splenda and I bake with natural sugars like applesauce.
No salt and can't eat tomatoes or sauce.

I eat 6 small meals per day and drink alot of lemon water or Arizona Diet Peach tea.

My "mom" (she's 77 and just a saint, I love her alot. She "adopted" me after my Mom died) Myrtle takes a shot of green seaweed every day with beets and veggies in it. She believes it cleans out the toxins. She's healthy as can be, so she must be doing something right.

The only thing I know about foods in other countries is from Wales because my grandparents came from there. They have Welsh tea cakes that are to die for.

I LOVE how you, Equus and Minnie talk about your culture. I have a cousin that lives in London and always has. Her boys grew up there in boarding school. It's really interesting. My daughter is over in Sweden right now recording (she's with Universal Records) and when she gets back to NYC, I'm gonna wanna know ALL about it. I've never traveled out of the USA except for Canada.

So, okay......we have food over here that sounds a little different, too.....like head cheese (who's head do they make it out of?) and beef tongue and tripe. Octopus, squid and sushi. Those aren't too bad.

Oh, I could talk about food all day........doggone it!