View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bunnyrabbit

To be honest, it sounds more like one of those "I'm never drinking again" hangover promises that usually last about one or two weeks.

What it took for me to finally quit was not that mythical rock bottom that so many people speak of. I mean, I was already living in a mice infested sh*thole with no heating, no money, no job, no drivers licence and debt collectors the only people visiting me. Did it make me realize I might have some sort of problem? Nope.

It was more like an epiphany, not driven by any specific event, on an idle Tuesday night or something. Suddenly it hit me that alcohol or drugs did not do for me anymore what I was initially looking for in it. I realized it had become a burden that I carried around with me everywhere. It was like a lover I fell out of love with and I was never more sure of that I just wanted to get AWAY.

And so I did, 2 years ago and I never looked back.

I guess, if you’re like me, then quitting in the stage you’re at right now will not be so easy, especially not with that whole drinking crew still around you. And you also don’t sound like you’re done. But if your alcoholism progresses like me then there’s nothing further down the road then rock bottom after rock bottom.