View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
FreedomCA

Originally Posted by Frost04 View Post
Day 7 , no alcohol but starting to think of " if I didn't screw up, I'd be heading to the store today to pick out the beers I will be drinking this weekend". There won't be any trip to the store and it will be my first completely sober weekend in at least a year. So progress on that front. Also I have been thinking all week of other ways to improve my life that I wouldn't have if this wake up call didn't occur. I'm basically doing anything I can to get something positive out of this huge mistake .

On the negative side , I still don't know what is in the police report , what the outcome might be , and if there will be any plea bargain offer made , this is very stressful and has made me lose several hours of sleep a night and made me less productive at work.
I think it may be important to ask yourself if you are quitting alcohol just because of this DUI mistake, or you truly think you have a problem with alcohol? Do you honestly believe that most of the time that once you start drinking, you cannot stop and that therefore the risk of something bad happening increases?