View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 09:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wonder65

96 hours and taking it day by day...

Hi..I am just at 96 hours since my last drink. I've lurking here on and off. Finally got the courage to post, because I am all alone in this battle and I'm pretty sure support is a good idea. Feeling ok. Fighting some nausea on and off, mild anxiety, insomnia. I feel blessed, as I know it can be a lot worse. I have been up all night for three nights scared to tears of having a seizure or hallucinations.
Aside from these past four days, I have drank 4-8 glasses of wine per evening for 8 years, with a few failed attempts at sobriety mixed in. I never got more than two weeks. Until about three months ago, I also often drank during the day in order to numb the pain caused by my abusive cheating (also an addict-drugs) boyfriend. I finally figured out how to leave him, and now I live alone. Safe, so I no longer go to bed wondering if it will be him or the alcohol that kills me in my sleep. Now I know it will be the alcohol.
As for living alone, I was just laughing at myself, because today found a bottle I had hidden in my closet. LOL. Old habits are hard to break.
Anyway, I am just taking it one day at a time. Trying to appreciate the little things that sobriety brings, like enjoying a nice healthy dinner instead of trying to figure out what I ate, by going through the trash and inspecting the dirty dishes the next morning. Yes, I blacked out nearly every night.
I really want to stay sober and enjoy life to the fullest and stop having to hide my drinking from my friends and family.

That's all for now, Thanks for listening.