Thread: Gratitude
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
honeypig

Originally Posted by 2ndhandrose View Post
I have made "gratitude" scrapbook pages where I write out my gratitude, with and without pictures. I find them very gratifying
2ndhandrose, I think I need to start doing something like this. I've had a very strong urge to start moving/changing/doing something different w/my physical surroundings lately. I've painted 2 rooms, have 2 or 3 more to go, depending on whether or not I do the "office." I have some more cleaning that needs to be done (blinds, etc.). This seems really mundane, but as I move things for painting/cleaning, I'm doing a lot of pruning of excess stuff. Feeling like I need more space, more air, less constraints. Two years since XAH and I divorced, and I'm trying to go w/the flow of whatever is moving me now, no need to remain "stuck."

At the time, I wanted things that would make me feel better, give me some security and let me know that someone cared about me (me!). Feeling so much stronger and steadier now, I am ready to streamline in many areas.

For instance, I'm feeling like I have too many houseplants, and it's becoming annoying to care for them all. How this is being handled is new for me, too. Old Me: "Suck it up, don't be so lazy, just do it, you slacker." New Me: "Well, they're nice plants, and I'm sure some of the people at work would like to have them." And I took them to work, and they were snapped up in an instant! Good deal for everyone, right? And I didn't waste any time (well, not much!) beating myself up about letting go of something that wasn't bringing me joy any more.

I'm just going to close this ramble w/a big, big shout-out of gratitude for Alanon, SR, and all the good folks in both places who've helped me get to where I am now. THANKS!