Old 06-13-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

We've had a case of Coccidiosis hit us, well the chickens. It's deadly if it's not treated. One of the Ostriches got it first! Then two days later little Tasha got it. She's having a really rough time of it. Lots of bloody poops! Then on top of this she got sour crop! Damn! So I sent Jethro to the store to get her some yogurt! Today she acted a little more like herself. The little Ostrich is past his problem too. I've had them all on Corrid medication. When they come off it there's a two week waiting period and then they go back on it for three days. After that they get Nutri-drench for awhile to build their B vitamins back up! Chickens can get so many diseases it's freaking scary!

Wild birds are the worst about bringing in diseases and we are overrun in them around here. Plus we can pick stuff up on our shoes and vehicle tires from going to get feed. Others carrying diseases from their farms and homes deliver it on their tires and shoes going to the same feed stores!

There's nothing like getting the kids up out of their beds and seeing blood all over the paper towels. Thankfully I had already bought some Corrid several months ago to have on hand. So I immediately changed everyone's water over to the medicated water.

Little Tasha several days ago would go into her egg laying carrier and then shortly pop right back out. She'd cry and whine and then go back into it. I went looking for some fake eggs and couldn't find any to put into the carrier for her. So I put two golf balls in it and that made her happy. She went into the carrier and settled on top of them. Thirty minutes later she popped out covered in straw cackling to the world she had laid an egg! She's such a goof! But Sherry is the same way about needing eggs in the box to sit on so she can lay her eggs too.

I've been on Jethro's ass to build an outside pen and house for the 3 cats in the house! I've told him I'm NOT going to let up on this! On the way home from my dentist office I asked him to go by the burn pile where he gets lumber from to see if there's any old privacy fencing he can get to make them a house out of it? We get back there and he sees a ton of stuff that's new to the pile that he wants. He delivers me home, we get all the kids outside, their carriers cleaned and remade then he gets the truck and goes back to the burn pile!

As for my dentist visit? I'm getting a lower plate made to fit evenly with the upper plate I have now. I had to bite down on some gel stuff for the impressions. He said I'm keeping the upper partial plate as my permanent plate since it's fitting and the teeth look good when I smile. I'm good with that. Other than the spot that has to be surgically removed next month? It's a good fit and looks good.

Jethro pissed me off good this afternoon after getting home from visiting a friend and picking up another Ham radio antenna. I had asked him to put Sherry and Ginger outside for a little while. They were in the chicken bedroom all day while he was gone. He said ok! Well thirty minutes later I reminded him while I was working on cleaning the carriers. It was like he didn't remember me saying anything about it. I repeated what I said thirty minutes earlier and he told me to quit mumbling. Jesus! I didn't have my dentures in and it really upset me. I don't talk really good w/o them. So he got the cold shoulder the rest of the night. He was so sweet yesterday and a total ass today! So I figured he had taken a pain pill. There was more proof to it as he tried to be all helpful and nice afterwards. I've asked him several weeks ago to let me know when he's taken one so I know to avoid him. I hate dealing with his anger! Tomorrow he'll be all nice and will act like nothing happened. But it did and it just continues to pile up the hurt in myself. I so wish he'd stop taking them.

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD