View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
hellrzr
DOS: 08-16-2012

Just last Friday I went to Metallica!!! I am almost 5 years sober and this is only the second concert I've been too in that time. Last August I went to Slipknot with an AA buddy.

The guys I went to Metallica were drinkers but I work with one of them and he knows I don't drink and he was really nice and took lots of water and even made sure that I wouldn't be bothered if they drank around me. I told him I was fine and I was. They really didn't drink much because they are normal drinkers, not like me. They actually just had a few and stopped where I would not have. I will say that afterwards it's very eye opening to see all the drunks stumbling around and can barely talk. I went from finding it funny to sad in a short time.

Before you go make it known that you don't drink. Don't apologize for it and don't explain it, just let it be what it is.... you don't drink. Do some praying and ask God for strength to help you through. Also, any "weirdness" you may feel is just you. Normal drinkers really won't care if you drink or not. It's pretty much all in your head if you think they do.