Old 09-16-2005, 10:38 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
nanad

Originally Posted by KarenKay
Mingming,
I have "put up" with my boyfriends behavior for 6 years now. He drank, did drugs, and was a party animal when we met. Now 6 years, a beautiful little girl, and complete hearbreak later, "all" he does is drink...He claims he drinks because of me. And yet I stay, I wonder every day if it will ever get better. I know the answer...but I am afraid of it. I feel like I can't leave. Even after all of the excuses he has given me to leave. The main line: if I leave, will he care? I am afraid to answer this as well. I can not give you advice and tell you that you are better off leaving and forgetting...b/c I can't bring myself to face the same music. Here's to hope...wherever that may be.
I entered this website/message board for the first time late night. I have never used message boards and i am not savey on this stuff at all!! After reading this message I went to bed feeling your pain and knowing your story. I cried and cried remembering feeling this way 10 years ago. My awarness of my loved ones diease came to light when my daugher was born.(which was also 6 years after being with my now husband) When she was born I had a new way at looking at my life I had a daugher to raise. I now have two daughers and they are the biggest gift god could have given me. I want them to grow up to be strong and healthy women. I to do not know if I should stay or go. I am now in counseling and hoping to obtain some answering by starting with me. If you leave karenkay he will care. But there comes a time when you have do what is right for yourself and you family. And only you, god can determine that.