Thread: I feel shaky
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Now that I've been sober for about 20 months maybe some of you folks can help me out. Many of you know me from when I first joined the forum and was drinking and got hurt etc...but my deep seeded problems stem from the 90's. I went 5 years without any employment and made my living on the wrong side of the tracks. Anything from drugs to stolen truckloads of Armani suits. To this day it bothers me and when I feel "weak" I get really bad thoughts because I think for the most part I am a positive person. But I've done bad in my life and I just don't know how to repair that.
You are making up for your past mistakes every day you are sober Jeff. I'm sure during the past 20 months you've done a lot of good for people. You are clearly a different person today. I personally don't judge anybody that was in your situation. If I was down and out like you were, I'd probably do the same thing. You did what you had to do to survive. Although I can't put myself in your shoes, I did a lot of terrible things to satisfy my emotional needs. Regrets only keep us from moving forward. The progress you have made is nothing short of amazing. Have a good one. John