View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
tealily

Originally Posted by KCRock29 View Post
How old are you Context? Anyways, the best idea in my opinion is to become obsessed with fitness and bettering your overall body. Alcohol will hold you back in every single way. After all, isn't getting off alcohol supposed to be because it's unhealthy for yourself whether it's mentally or physically hindering your own self? So turn that alcohol addiction into a body recognition addiction. Think about what's going into your body before you consume it.

That's just my take.

To be honest, I do drink, but I don't believe I'm at the point to where I need to stop. I don't feel as though I abuse it. One day, I'd like to cut back to about once a week, but overall, I'm 27, and I'm ok with where I'm at. (I mean when you brew your own beer it's kinda hard to not drink it)

At the same time, I like to learn about people, and I literally created an account so I could respond and follow you on this journey.

The "Day 1" thread is amazing. I read every page. Pretty amazing.
KCRock,

Welcome! So glad you are here.

You say you are content with your drinking pattern, but I'd like to offer this observation, intended kindly: If it has crossed your mind that you "like to cut back to once a week", "someday," and you have looked up information on drinking to the point that you found this forum, I wonder if your instinct is telling you that you are in danger, and not on the best track for a good and healthy life.

Brewing your own beer, feeling that you have to drink it because of that, Googling amounts of beer that are ok .. I would say these could be warning signs.

If you look back to 5 years ago, were you drinking less in a week typically? I guarantee that 5 years from now you won't be drinking less, you'll most likely be drinking quite a bit more. Then you'll be 32, and wishing you had headed it off when you were 27 and had a gut feeling that you were not on the best path.

Excuse me if I'm being too blunt. I'm glad you are part of the forum and want to learn. I hope that in your looking around you will recognize some of the common patterns of drinking, and how it progresses, and that it will help you.

Please keep posting!