View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Miz- I have had my fair share of death. The fear of fear....kind of loike people who are scared of the pain of needles- before getting that pain.
Grief will seep- thru- booze or no. Good you are seeing things differently. Buddhism also talks about being in an 'empty' space- free of thought. Mindfulness, perhaps this is where you are leading. Good for you.
PJ,
Can I call you, PJ? Its a bit easier.

I was thinking about the fear of death yesterday and why I landed in this peculiar place? The fear of it. Perhaps it is due to literally seeing my sister die and her being so young? Not metaphorically but the literal act.

I was researching quotes on the web from the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, and the first thing that come up was something along the lines of "The reason we are so afraid of death......." Not verbatim but you get my drift. I wanted to do a little homework before embarking on the novel.

My time is not now. I have much to learn. (Maybe its five minutes from now, who really knows these things?) But geez.....never in a million years would I imagine that my sister was going to take flight at such a young age. Half a life.

So, mindfulness is what I seek and I am ready to see what that is about. Whatever I have been doing (not being mindful) is not working any longer. Im hurting. That is okay. I welcome this........even if it painful.

Thanks, PJ. I appreciate the thoughts and understanding on this matter. It helps to hear from another.

I know you have experienced a great deal of pain in your life and i know that you can relate.