View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
SereneEdition

Hi all!

Many belated congrats to everyone!

Wehav - Congrats on your 4th year sober & staying married I imagine it's been akin to discovering a whole new relationship, but better b/c it builds off the depth of the original. Going through the transition and coming out the other side sounds like something dear and special unique to you, and a wonderfully intimate experience to share.

Mel - The kids are adorable. Congrats on your 4th year anniversary too! (Coming up on 4.5 soon My roommate has a 2.5 and 5 month old at the moment, and I am just getting a small snapshot of what it is like to have 2 little ones since I got home last week from the latest trip. WOW, YOU ARE AMAZING for what you do EVERY DAY!!!!

Dee - Hello again. I haven't been on the rest of the site to hear your updates and know what is going on with you, and I'm thrilled as always that you are here each and every day supporting hundreds on our journeys to health and happiness!

Venus - Congrats on moving to the US and getting settled in with Nick!!!! I'm excited for both of you and I imagine it will be quite an adjustment. My brief text exchange with Nick left me quite impressed. Happy that you found a good person deserving of your awesomeness

Me - I apologies for dropping into the black hole there. I went to 4 countries this spring that were fascinating but with very very very poor internet, hence my absence. I finally reached the point where I felt "done" with traveling, and cut my trip to Cuba short by 9 days to come home to my wonderful guy. I'm less scared about integrating into my life this time, and actually looking forward to it! So it feels right. First things first - cleaning out my closet. After living just fine with 30lbs of items, I've realized the joy of minimal owning and I simply own too much stuff. It's literally overwhelming to have more than a weeks' worth of clothes, so purge purge purge here I come! I started this the last time I came home when my partner and I moved in together, but as my partner is a self described horder, more of my energy went into sorting through 'we things' and with that under control, I am free this time to focus on 'me' things.

Hugs to all of you guys!