Old 06-09-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
DesertDawg

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I am on leave next week and will be headed to Le Mans in France for the 24 hour race. Friday lunchtime here so it is getting close, the anticipation as as enjoyable as the actual holiday.
Sao, here I am, "stuck" in Hawaii for three weeks for work, yet I would gladly trade places with you if I could go to LeMans.

LeMans is a bucket list thing for me. I'm not even as current as I should be on the LMP-type cars since Audi seemed to lap the whole field for seemingly most of the 2000s. Regardless, it would involve three things I love: Camping, cars, and motorsports. Unfortunately for me, it would also involve a trip to Europe from the (almost) west coast of the US, with the associated commitment of time and funds. Plus most of my friends with the means to travel abroad with me are, sadly, not really into cars/racing :-( And while I can "get around" in German or Spanish, I don't speak a lick of French.

I know the nighttime is infamous for drunken debauchery, which may be equally entertaining as a spectator. Regardless...getting to hear those cars shriek down the Mulsanne Straight at night is a dream of mine.