View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by rosesarered34 View Post
The best outcome would be to find him not guilty so he can return to his job and Celebrate Recovery at our church that he has dabbled in. AA never worked for him and I estimate he has been to more than 50 meetings over the years. .
ive been a member of AA for 12 years now. if i just went to meetings, it wouldnt work for me either. AA working requires working the steps
"dabbling" in celebrate recovery wouldnt work either.
i had to be proactive- i had to make it work.

which being proactive has led me to be a member of AA for 12 years of continuous sobriety.

HOWEVER
i had enablers/codependants in my life before i got into AA. i had people making excuses for me and allowing me to continue the same active alcoholic behavior.
i had no true reason to want to stop drinking as long as i had people helping dig my grave.

pretty wild how after i got sober i learned im also a codie.
HOWEVER
that took getting out of denial about, which took me getting to the point where the pain of enabling/ practicing codependency was worse than the pain of reality.
AND
getting out of denial required some very loving people( both here and in real life) using their crowbars to pop my head outta my but.

rosesarered, im sure many here can agree that its hard to read the enabling/codependency and denial.
i truly hope that sometime real soon you get out of denial. enabling an alcoholic to continue the same behavior, and rationalizating are destroying you AND your daughter.

and neither of you deserve it.