View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Cocobeano, I could have written your post (as could have many here). I am replying with one goal in mind, to give you hope.

I too lamented about life without alcohol and how badly it was going to suck. What on earth was I going to do, especially on weekends which entirely revolved around drinking? It was going to be sooooooooo boring!!!!!!!!

In the beginning it's really hard. The games your head will play with you in trying to convince you that what you're feeling right now is what will be forever, and that this is going to be endless suffering are SO untrue.

Think about what that thinking says about us, that our lives are going to be so boring with no quality due to the simple fact that we can't alter our brains with a liquid we pour down our throat.

On the contrary, it's not that liquid that is the cause of your fun, it's that liquid that's leading you to believe you need it in order to have fun.

I can't begin to describe the joy I have found in life once I realized what I just said. Alcohol was not making life fun, it was keeping me from actually truly experiencing life for what it is. It was keeping me from really having what fun is supposed to be.

I promise you, this is true. You will find this out for yourself if you hang in there and get through all the lies addiction tells you. I am sincerely amazed at the beauty of simplicity.

You will see this, I promise. You CAN do this!